Chocolate Baked Oats
Easy Chocolate Baked Oats are a healthy breakfast when you're craving something sweet! They're made with just 10 pantry ingredients and take just 10 minutes to make before baking!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats NOT quick or steel-cut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk of choice
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Add milk, applesauce, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Smooth the top and press additional chocolate chips into the top, if desired.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cut into 6 rectangular pieces. Serve warm with an additional drizzle of maple syrup over top.
- You can also add in some mixed berries for additional fruity flavor.
- Make sure to use old fashioned oats. Quick cooking oats will result in a mushy baked oatmeal, while steel cut oats will not cook properly and become tough.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 108IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 4mg