This simple pumpkin salad dressing is made with bright and flavorful fall flavors. From pumpkin puree and thyme to apple cider vinegar, it's the perfect dressing to celebrate the fresh produce of the harvest season with just about 10 minutes of prep time!
📋 About the Recipe
- This fall harvest pumpkin salad dressing is SO quick and easy to throw together in a matter of minutes! Simply add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- The dressing gets beautifully rich and creamy but remains healthy with the help of the pumpkin puree. With a subtle pumpkin flavor, it's a festive way to add seasonal flavor to any salad.
- This harvest dressing pairs incredibly well with all salads, try it on this fall cobb wedge salad or this apple, avocado, and arugula salad!
- The best dressing for the holidays, it's perfect for a crowd and can easily be scaled up or down depending on the number of guests you plan to serve. Serve it with your Thanksgiving or Christmas salad!
A few notes about the ingredients:
- Pumpkin puree - canned pumpkin puree works great for this recipe. It provides a bright orange color and a mild pumpkin flavor. The pumpkin is very subtle, mainly providing creaminess to the dressing, while the other flavors shine through.
- Apple cider vinegar - this is a main component in making this dressing a healthy vinaigrette. It adds both acidity and flavor.
- Maple syrup - pure maple syrup helps to tame down some of the acidity, while adding a touch of flavor and sweetness.
1. Combine all ingredients, besides olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until thick and fully combined.
❄️ How to Store
To store: Store pumpkin salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
To freeze: Freezing is not recommended.
This recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of salad dressing, which is about 8 to 12 servings of dressing.
If you don't have apple cider vinegar on hand, you can also use white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar for a different, but similar, taste.
💭 One More Tip
Store this harvest dressing on the side of your salad to preserve the freshness of the salad. Serve any extra dressing with all of your favorite salads.
🍴 Related Recipes
Share your cooking with me! If you make this recipe, I'd love to know! Tag @yourhomemadehealthy on Instagram or leave a comment with a rating and some feedback at the bottom of this page!
Fall Harvest Pumpkin Salad Dressing
- Mixing bowl
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon honey dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, besides olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until thick and fully combined.
- To store: Store pumpkin salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.To freeze: Freezing is not recommended.
- Use pure maple syrup, instead of syrups with high fructose corn syrup, for the best flavor.
- This recipe makes 1 ½ cups of salad dressing, about 8 to 12 servings.
- Store this dressing on the side of your salads until ready to eat to preserve the freshness of your salad.
Want more recipes like this delivered right to your inbox? Be sure to subscribe above and never miss a thing!